Welcome to LAStories.com!

Education is the foundation to success
By Ana Hinds
from Los Angeles, California,CA

2/9/2015
Print This Story Email This Story to a Friend

Hi,

My name is Ana Hinds. I am a 7th grade teacher at Bethune Middle School (LAUSD) in the heart of South central Los Angeles and I am currently serving on the board of the Fremont High School Alumni Foundation whose primary purpose is to provide scholarships to deserving students in the South Los Angeles area who generally are in the most need of assistance.

We believe it is critically important for the future of Los Angeles to empower these students with college educations and have provided direct scholarships to candidates we personally interview and select.

We are a relatively young organization and would like to respectfully ask for your attendance at our annual fundraiser on February 21, 2015 with registration starting at 7 p.m.

We will be honoring a Fremont High School coach for his years of service and will have other individuals who have been raised in South Los Angeles and now serve there communities they live in including the Honarable State Senator Anotonio Mendoza.

We are asking for your attendance, even though such short notice, so we may assist the deserving students with as much help as possible.

I have attached a flyer announcing our event and would greatly appreciate the support your attendance can provide.

Respectfully submitted,

Ana Hinds

<< back