Welcome to LAStories.com!

My Home.
By Christyna Ross
from South Lake Tahoe,CA

10/16/2013
Print This Story Email This Story to a Friend

I've been dreaming ever since I was a little girl, of getting out of this small, mountainous town and go explore some place much greater. My best friend and I would sit and dream about it daily. I would do anything to go to a big city with the beautiful beaches and the big glistening lights. I did some research and I found the place I have always been dreaming about was Los Angeles. I was young but my mind was set. It was my goal to be driving on those city roads with the wind blowing through my hair. I wanted nothing more. I got a job when I was sixteen years old to save up as much money as possible to prepare for my flight when I turned 18. Thinking about this big beautiful city was was the only thing that made me happy inside and brought tears of joy to the corner of my eyes. I would have done anything. Finally it was the day I had always been waiting for, my eighteenth birthday. I was prepared to leave that next week. My best friend and I packed our things, gathered our money, and got in the car. We were ready. We moved to L.A. at last and it was the best experience of my life. I couldn't be happier.

<< back