Welcome to LAStories.com!

Stories

Story Comments

Story by Beth Day from , PA - 5/22/2006
Comments on "Monkeys on Sunset Boulevard" by Rodger Jacobs.
Hey, Rodger, glad you're back! There are alot of "monkeys" out there just waiting to steal your dreams, ideas, jobs etc. So, if you must stray into forbidden territory, learn to duck when the farmer shoots at you! I enjoy your stories. Thanks!...

more >>

Story by Beth Day from , PA - 4/11/2006
Comments on "Preempting Oscar" by Daniel Flores Guadiana

Three years have passed since you wrote this, Daniel, yet still today many others have, do and will suffer this same dream/nightmare. Sometimes in people's zeal to "do the right thing" (in their opinion) they lose connection and compassion for those who are in the darkest, most frightening place of their lives. The losses in the physical war are not the only casualties! May you find comfort....

more >>

Story by Beth Day from , PA - 4/8/2006
Comments on "Assessing Heather Locklear for a Dollar" by Natalie Bettencourt

Oh, those savvy milk marketers! What a delightfully wholesome and delicious story. I, at 12, was alittle slow and hadn't the realization that the blonde-haired, blue-eyed girls were more wholesome than I. Thank goodness my daughter has a variety of role models who actually look like her-wholesome and beautiful with gorgeous dark hair and brown eyes with just a hint of golden flecks- but, you know, she drin...

more >>

Story by Beth Day from , PA - 4/6/2006
2nd Comments on "Left Coastin' (Some LA Scenes)" by Jeff Glovsky
I would like to ammend my previous comments on this story. After reconsidering my choice of words, I was unhappy with describing it as "bawdy". While I stand by the brooding quality of the piece I feel the word bawdy is much too "fluffy" and actually was a disservice to the writer as well as the reader. I did struggle alittle with what words to use- sensuous just wasn't "right"-this word ,to me, brings a more female/male co...

more >>

Story by Bteh Day from , PA - 4/5/2006
Comments on "Left Coastin' Some LA Scenes) by Jeff Glovsky
Love your style. Alittle bawdy-alittle broody-kept my interest. Hope you are continuing to write. I'm not an expert but know what I like-Really liked this!...

more >>

Story by Beth Day from , PA - 4/5/2006
Comments on "Getting Kicked in the Face at the 99 Cent Store." by Giselle Fernandez-Farrand

"I wish there was some profound moral to this story but there isn't."
Sure there is! The moral is to be the Samaritan, say the kind word, be the helping hand, love one another (sorry, cliche'!). There will always be injustice in this world. We aren't in Heaven yet, we're here on earth- not perfect, not just, not right. Yes, the police didn't show up. Yes, the children were traumatized. Yes,...

more >>

Comments on "Open Letter to Rocky Young, President of LA Pierce College" by Roxanna Selkirk
Catherine sounds like a remarkably competent, confident and driven young woman! I felt your disappointment that she didn't receive the credit she deserved but I predict greater accolades for this stand-out shining star!
Roxanna, please let us know what she has accomplished since her graduation1...

more >>

Comments on "Highland Park was PARADISE!" by Linda
How bittersweet when you revisit a place you left long ago. Even with the old buildings gone, the traffic patterns changed, the different faces- we can still FEEL exactly what we saw, heard, smelled, tasted....
Funny how we all change but we expect our old neighborhoods & "haunts" to be the same!
Linda, you say you have "hundreds of stories"--please, tell them--dredge up that courage to write them! I'm here to read them....

more >>

Story by Beth Day from , PA - 4/4/2006
Comments on "Dusty's Dream" by Giselle Fernandez-Farrand.
As a hospice nurse for many years,I feel this story is SOOOOO important!! Not the fact that children (and people in general) die, but that we all need to confront our fears about dying and make a difference in the quality of the last days for these people. Yes, they are still people- with hopes and fears and feelings. Don't ignore them!!! Sit with them-talk with them- hold their hands- laugh with them! Don't be afraid-----Be PRESE...

more >>

Story by Beth Day from , PA - 4/3/2006
Comments on "Cone of Concussion" by Alan C. Baird.
I love this story! Not only does it transport the casual fireworks spectator "behind the scenes" where the real work takes place but it brings into focus the bravery of one woman who faces her fears through love and devotion for her husband...beautiful! Just reading your story made me feel proud of her!!...

more >>

Story by Beth Day from , PA - 4/3/2006
Comments on the story "Jumping Hurdles" by Char Greenwood.
When I started reading your story, Char, I felt saddened and sorry for your situation but by the end I was saying, "Bravo!!" Keep jumping those hurdles, for the higher they get the stronger you will become. Soon you'll feel as if you can jump over the moon! Hope to hear more from you....

more >>

Story by Beth Day from , PA - 4/2/2006
Comment on "Cahuenga, Topanga" by Mick Terry
LOL- This is fun!! I don't know LA at all so looking these up on the map will surely have me traveling for quite a while!!...

more >>

Comment on "A lil Something About This Place" by Rudy Joe
Great reflection on the colorful characters & fun activities of your childhood. Oh,how we cringe as adults about our misguided notions of protest & revenge (especially when sling-shots are involved!!)...

more >>

Comment on "Chateau Rodney" by Cherie Magnus
Beautiful tribute to the bond of those brought together by chance. This proves that when the right souls are brought together a mere structure can be transformed into a place of enchantment!...

more >>

<< back to Categories