Welcome to LAStories.com!

Stories

Miscellaneous

Romantic Love class from LA Shambhala
Story by Kathy Gronau from los angeles, CA - 9/14/2007
The Shambhala Meditation Center Los Angeles will present “Romantic Fantasy/Everyday Disappointments” a weekend program taught by Judith Simmer-Brown (Dakini's Warm Breath: The Feminine Principle).

The weekend workshop runs from October 12 through 14, 2007 (Friday evening 7:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.). The center is located in Eagle Rock at 963 Colorado Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90041, at Figueroa.

During the weekend, people will explore what genuine ...

more >>

Story by Beth Day from , PA - 4/12/2006
With immigration issues in the forefront I was wondering if anyone has an immigration story? My own family immigrated from Ireland, Scotland and Germany in the 1700's. Our family still owns a small farm with a house (in which my uncle resides) which was built in 1795. I personally have not experienced the problems of present-day immigration. Please, tell me your story!...
more >>

Is L.A The Place To Be?
Story by Amanda Aitken from , Scotland - 1/21/2005
Hello,
I am Amanda Aitken and i am from Scotland. I have been thinking about moving to Los Angeles for a while now. I was hoping some of the people who visit this site would be able to send me an email showing me the benefits of moving to Los Angeles and tell me if it really is the city everybody reads about in the papers? My e-mail address is at the bottom of this story! Please can you help me decide as it will be coming from an actual resident of Los Angeles and not a book!!...

more >>

Back in the day....living on the edge
Story by Rudy j. from Los Angeles, CA - 7/22/2003
It was a Friday night,sitting in a G'Ride at the old orginal Pioneer Market on Sunset and Echo Park Ave. Me and a buddy of mine were kicking it in the parking lot, just parked, getting high on beer and pills...
When the cops pull up behind us with their lights off, got us out of the black 62 Chevvvy station wagon and handcuffed the both of us ,searched us and gave us a one way ride to The Not So Magic Kingdom!
Oh yeah ,before i forget......the car? It wasn't ours, just "borrowed" to ...

more >>

Left Coastin' (Some LA Scenes)
Story by Jeff Glovsky from New York, NY - 4/17/2003
Left Coastin'
(Some LA Scenes)"The park breaks Piggett Drive at Bentley. Who says you can't walk out here?

Officially annoying now, though: Now traipsing--sad, soft calves aflame--down endless, palm-framed, block-long miles. Buses floating past me as I drift…An island in this stream of traffic noise and children screaming.

Loud and blonde and Japanese, she reams the piled heap upon the floor of her gold auto...And in doing so, in...
more >>

Los Angeles Sunset
Story by Elizabeth Adams from Glendale, CA - 4/1/2003
Here is a picture of the sunset from my office in Glendale....
more >>

<< back to Categories