Welcome to LAStories.com!

Stories

Charities & Community Service

Education is the foundation to success
Story by Ana Hinds from Los Angeles, California, CA - 2/9/2015
Hi,

My name is Ana Hinds. I am a 7th grade teacher at Bethune Middle School (LAUSD) in the heart of South central Los Angeles and I am currently serving on the board of the Fremont High School Alumni Foundation whose primary purpose is to provide scholarships to deserving students in the South Los Angeles area who generally are in the most need of assistance.

We believe it is critically important for the future of Los Angeles to empower these students with college educations a...

more >>

Making a Difference
Story by Giselle Fernandez from Los Angeles, CA - 3/27/2007
I have always been infused with a passionate sense of social justice for all people. Perhaps because we didn't have a lot of money growing up and because I was exposed to immense poverty through my travels in Mexico and around the world, the plight of the poor and underserved has always been a deep source of sadness for me I could not ignore. I have always understood that poverty had nothing to do with potential or quality of human being, only exposure and access to opportunities to fulfill...
more >>

Angel of Love
Story by Joyce Lest from North Hollywood, CA - 12/5/2003
Hi:

I'm Joyce Lest, I'm only one person but for the past 23 years, I have been helping distribute food, clothing, blankets and toys to the community and surrounding areas, to the hurting, poor, homeless, local hospitals and less fortunate.

My life's work is teaching and counseling adult downs kids in an apartment setting here in North Hollywood 3 nights a week...

This year I have had not any donations of toys or blankets or clothing come in for the people I reach... I'm only ONE p...
more >>

Angel Of Love Ministry
Story by Joyce Lest from North Hollywood, CA - 12/5/2003
Hi:

Im Joyce Lest, Im Only one person but for the past 23 years, I have been helping distribute food,clothing,blankets, and toys, to the community and surrounding areas, to the hurting,poor,homeless,local hospitals, and less fortunate.
My lifes work is teaching and counseling adult downs kids, in an apartment setting, here in North Hollywood 3 nights a week...
This year, I have had not any donations of toys or blankets or clothing come in, for the people I reach..Im only ON...

more >>

<< back to Categories